For the Library Volunteer Form, please click here.
Are you looking for community service hours or volunteer opportunities? Look no further! We often host special programs where we often need an extra hand. We are looking for responsible, reliable, punctual, and enthusiastic teens!
Come to Teen Advisory Board or call (201) 288-6653 for information on specific opportunities.
Please read our Volunteer Policy below for more information. Print out the form at the bottom of the page, fill it out, and give it to the Teen Librarian, Tyne Runfeldt, if you would like to volunteer.
1. The schedule of volunteer work hours of any volunteer at the library is dependent upon the availability of supervisors. The number of volunteers accepted is based on the amount of work and supervisory time allocated and needed.
3. It is the responsibility of the volunteer to fulfill their assigned hours. Staff members will not call to remind them.
4. Volunteers must sign in and sign out of the volunteer folder.
5. Volunteers are ambassadors for the library and must present a positive image to the public. It is expected that each volunteer's dress and grooming will be appropriate for a business environment and in keeping with his or her work assignment. If, in the sole discretion of a supervisor or the Library Director, a volunteer is dressed in an inappropriate manner, they may not be permitted to work their shift.
6. Volunteers are responsible for updating personal data, such as change of address or telephone number, etc., with the Childrenâs Librarian.
7. Volunteers agree that the library may at any time, for whatever reason, decide to terminate the volunteerâs relationship with the library, or to make changes in the nature of their volunteer assignment.
8. To end a volunteer commitment, please notify the supervisor of that decision and the effective date.