About

Located in Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey, the original building to house the library was never intended as a library at all. Instead, it was a clubhouse for a group of civic-minded men who formed the "Borough League Association." When the group disbanded, the building and property were deeded to the Hasbrouck Heights Board of Education for the sum of $1, with the proviso that it be used for "educational purposes." Thus, in 1917, the Free Public Library of Hasbrouck Heights opened its doors. Housed in the same building on Division Avenue since 1917, The Library moved to its current home on the Boulevard and Central Avenue and officially opened the doors to its new facility in December of 2003.